OEM BUSINESS CONSULTANT:
9 years of accomplishments in Sun’s $B+ OEM partner business: (From proposals to Statements of Work to delivered projects and volume sales.)
- Produce proposals to win new business
- Manage custom projects
- Published dozens of proposals to OEM customers, some over $100M.
- Forge consensus across organizational boundaries to meet customer needs.
- Develop business cases for large customer opportunities.
- Negotiate with customers to agree on critical-to-success terms of agreement.
- Develop Statements of Work with key requirements, dates and deliverables.
- Manage cross-organizational teams to deliver results.
- Define executive dashboards, tracking methods, and review forums.
- Build tactical teams to address special needs, such as quality reports.
- Internal change agent: Develop processes to grow OEM business.
OEM customer partners: (Generated proposals and/or supported)
- Alcatel / Lucent
- Nokia / Seimens
- GE Medical
Prior Sales and Marketing Positions:
- Set-up US Sales for Software start-up. Closed 1st US sale: Stanford.
- Launched Hitachi's 1st Internet Software product.
- Ran PR campaign (22 articles, One 1st page).
- Managed Nortel’s LAN business.
- Managed Nortel’s OEM suppliers, Banyan and Novell.
- Managed Trade Shows, Demos and other marketing events.
- Published Videos, Brochures, Data Sheets, White Papers.
- Wrote Market Requirements Documents, Business Plans, etc.
Sun Microsystems, Computer Systems August 1995 to Present
901 San Antonio Road Palo Alto, CA. 94303
OEM Customer Program Manager OEM Platforms:
- Generated Proposals for major account OEM opportunities.
- Negotiated new features to meet OEM customer requirements.
- Led engineering teams to deliver new features to OEM customers.
- Managed change, exceptions and escalations to support OEM customers.
Group Marketing Manager -- Network Software:
- Managed $50M Internet software portfolio.
• • •
Esys Corporation January 1995 to August 1995
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Director of Sales -- Internet Email:
- Sold Internet Email product to 1st US customer, Stanford University.
- Started customer trials in Wells Fargo, and Lawrence Livermore Labs.
• • •
Hitachi Computer Products (America), Inc. 1989 to 1995
Santa Clara, CA
- Director of Marketing -- Internet Software
- Senior Project Manager
• • •
Santa Clara, CA:
Product Manager: Negotiated OEM partnerships to enhance LAN product line.
• • •
- Product Marketing Specialist
- Software Engineer
• • •
University of Florida, Melville FL:
3 month Full Time, intensive MBA program sponsored by Harris Corporation
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR:
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science